Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My 200 sport jet in 1875 harbour raft is leaking fresh water

Customer Question

My 200 sport jet in 1875 harbour raft is leaking fresh water into boat when running on river. What would be the cause. What gasket? Lots of water coming in
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Is this a Mercury sport jet, or another manufacture?Is the water in the boat cold, warm, or hot to the touch?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is Mercury. Cold water
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi Craig,Is this an Optimax powerhead?Have you made any attempt to find the leak on your own yet?Can you tell if it's leaking on the right, left, forward, or rear of the powerhead?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Leaking in rear. Don't quite know if optimax. Not at boat. I believe it's a 2002 harbour raft 1875 with 200 optimax I think. Just trying to figure out what I need to do here
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
It could be your flushing hose that's leaking, maybe the cap popped off or the hose split. Have you checked that?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ya. Not leaking from any hoses looks like. Motor does not overheat. Just accumulating tons of water in transom area of boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Are you sure it's from the engine and not something else?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well not to sure. But it will float all day with no leak. When running the water comes
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Unless you have a specific question for me I don't think I'm going to be able to help you with this one.