Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

On a 7.5HP Gamefisher motor, the screws that hold the

Customer Question

On a 7.5HP Gamefisher motor, the screws that hold the carburator plate came loose and the plate slid in. How can I tell where the plate was positioned originally to secure it back? Are there any reference point I can measure from?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. Can you provide the complete model number please. Thanks,Joe
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
Can you identify which part you are referring to for me in this diagram: http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/00012221-00007.png
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No diagram came through with your message.
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
Try this link please: http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/00012221-00007.png Thanks,Joe
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's actually the cam that mounts under the flywheel and makes contact with the carburator. It is not shown in your diagram but am guessing it makes contact with part #1. The cam screws have come loose and it has slid back and I am trying to put it back in the correct position.
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
How about this diagram http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/217586752/0247/1305320/00012221/00008.html Or here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/217586752/0247/1305320/00012221/00006.html Part 1 you referred to should be the throttle arm that controls the throttle blade. I just want to be sure we are both on the same part. Thanks,Joe
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its the second diagram part # ***** cam
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
You will most likely need to remove the recoil, shroud, magneto, etc in order to access the throttle cam and re-secure it. Normally it should never have had the screws come loose. this is unless you can correctly place it and secure it otherwise which looking at the pictures does not seem possible which I am sure is why you are wondering how to re-secure it. I think that is what you were looking for.Thank you!- Joe Please rate my answer when ready. Bonusesare appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day! If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The cam has an adjustment on each end secured by a screw. There is approximately 1/2" of travel for each side. Where should the cam be set for a starting point?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please open my question up to other experts. Thanks.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you if you still require assistance with the engine.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.
Did you get the part reattached to the arm yet, or is it still off?
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
My great apologies for not getting back to you. When it is adjusted it should be so that they are synced together and only slightly starts to open with throttle, have you already got it adjusted or do you still need help? Thanks,Joe
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do you adjust each side?
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
When it is adjusted it should be so that they are synced together and only slightly starts to open with throttle, with slight throttle you should not have them move until a slightly more advanced throttle. Thanks,Joe