Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My honda bf 130 hp from 2002 is giving an intermediate beep

Customer Question

My honda bf 130 hp from 2002 is giving an intermediate beep alarm. Engine is running and water indicator check point is ok. What can this be?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Alarm occured when I started the engine. Only the alarm light from the engine lights up. Not from the battery. Same time an intermediate beep sounds. Engine runs...
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I had this morning an empty battery, but this is charged again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.I have a few questions back for you on your engine. How long did it take for this battery to fully recharge?Have you checked the fuel for water?How old is the oil and hat is the level in the engine?When was the last time that you inspected the spark plugs?