Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I just put in a new 12 volt marine battery,The 9.9 johson motor

Customer Question

I just put in a new 12 volt marine battery,The 9.9 johson motor will turn over but not the johnson 40 hp. and how do I swich the fuel to one and then the other. We haven't run the boat for about 4 yrs.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** the port side of the motor is a quick disconnect at the fuel connector on the side of the engine. Squeeze the connector lever while pulling. The connector will release then push on to the same connector on the 40 same side same location. This is what the connector looks like. The gray part is the lever you squeeze to remove the connector.http://ll-us-i5.wal.co/dfw/dce07b8c-5050/k2-_a38779c1-6943-42b8-a6ca-28d6ad2cc897.v1.jpg Now as for the engine not turning over do you have the battery cables coming from the 40 connected to the battery? Both engines have their own set of cables.Is the control in neutral?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it's in neutral.
Expert:  Tan replied 7 months ago.
Did you do all the checks I posted?