Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I HAVE TWIN Honda OURBOARDS 225. BOTH START AND IDLE GREAT.

Customer Question

I HAVE TWIN Honda OURBOARDS 225. BOTH START AND IDLE GREAT. ONE ENGINE AFTER GIVING IT rpm'S STARTS TO LOOSE POWER AND STUTTER. AFTER LOWERING RPM'S IT IDLES FINE AGAIN. IVE REPLACED GAS FILTERS AND PLUGS. ANY IDEAS?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello Eric, my name is***** will assist you.When you did the filters, did you also do the high pressure filter located at the rear of the engine. It is often missed. Has your boat been sitting for some time. If so you will need to check the fuel and make sure that you are not getting any water to the engine. If you have owned the engines for a while and do not know if the exhaust update was done to them, that would be worth looking into as well.