Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2006 honda 200 hp 4 stroke. I went out yesterday and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 honda 200 hp 4 stroke. I went out yesterday and a alarm started beeping at idle after about 2 minutes. No alarm at higher speeds. After ariving home I put the moter in a tank and the same thing, after about 2 mintues a short blurp in the engine sound, barely noticed, then the alarm starts to beep about once every second. If I shut the engine off and immediately restart it takes a minute or so to start the alarm again. The oil level is good.
Dale
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Dale, my name is Jason.

Have you taken the engines temperature with an IR temp gun to see if it was overheating? When was the last time the impeller was changed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have a heat gun. I changed the impeller in December and has been circulating the water good. The water coming out of the engine is barely warm.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I don't think i'm going to be able to help you with this one. It will need to go to the dealer and get hooked up to a scan tool.

Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you

Which light on your control panel starts to blink when the alarm goes off?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a seperate dash light that has the battery and below it the engine light. After about a minute or two of running the engine makes a split second blurp and the engine light comes on. The alarm sounds about once a second. I also noticed a very so slite engine increase in rpm, very miner. If I shut the engine off and restart immediately it take about a minute to start the alarm and light again.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

How long have you owned this engine? Do you know if any recall was done on it?