Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Not getting fuel to the carb all was good last year pulled

Customer Question

Not getting fuel to the carb all was good last year pulled the boat winterized then replaced oils and fuel filter separator started fine but at launch could not keep it running.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: When I put the boat in it started but hesitated when I put it into gear and then shut down but started again after being underway it shut down again ended up killing the battery trying to restart.Once we got back to shore I put in a new battery and tried again.Started with starting fluid and shut right down.From there I pulled the outlet line from the fuel pump and gas was there but at the line to the carburetor there was no sign of gas.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What engine are you working with?