Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

I cannot get the exhaust manifold to come off the engine so

Customer Question

I cannot get the exhaust manifold to come off the engine so I can change the starter. I have all 9 nuts and washers off and the lines, but can't get the exhaust to separate. Do I need to heat it up with a torch to get it free?
Ray Wilson
***********@******.***
***-***-****
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.
Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ?Is this salt or fresh water ski ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ray Wilson. It is a salt water jet ski
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1998 kawaski 1100 Stx.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Ray for getting back, I created a document for you to hopefully ease getting this manifold off, I know the salt water becomes an issues especially on the studs that I pointed out, applying heat and taking your time will eventually loosen it up, just take your time and don't pry on any of the gasket surfaces once you get it to move out a bit.Let me know if you get stuck or have any other concerns, once off make sure you clean all the flat gasket surfaces, you can tape a sheet of 220 grit sand paper on a flat surface to clean up the gasket surfaces.Thanks RayKennyhttp://spaces.hightail.com/receive/dU1H7