Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

We just returned from a sea trial on a boat with C-12s. I was

Customer Question

We just returned from a sea trial on a boat with C-12s. I was not able to operate at WOT for more than 3 min. as it would overheat.
The heat exchanger was just "rodded out" i think that it needs to be pulled and really cleaned.
Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. I have not heard of rodding out in a long time. The heat exchanger should be checked as well as the rest of the system, you also will need to check the raw water side of the cooling system for problems including flow, restriction and the pump, etc. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.