Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 1997 200 ocean pro evinrude outboard motor. Last time

Customer Question

I have a 1997 200 ocean pro evinrude outboard motor. Last time out running fine last
weekend. Forward and reverse stopped working. Motor now engages forward and no
reverse. Sounds as though it is trying to fully engage but needs an adjustment to the
unit in order to get it to do so. Is there an adjustment to allow that to happen?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** an adjustment but the shift usually doesn't go out of adjustment once adjusted. So we need to find out why you have lost shift. We first need to disconnect the shift cable from the engine. Now shift the engine manually at the engine does it shift correctly? I will need the engine model number also please?