Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Where is the Waste tank on a 1983 Chris Craft 381 and how

Customer Question

Where is the Waste tank on a 1983 Chris Craft 381 and how easy is it to replace or can we put a new tank on top of the old one
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. I believe on this model the holding tank is located in the engine room and is either stainless or other. I am not sure it is known that it needs to be replaced without it having been located and inspected which means one should inspect the tank before just replacing to make sure it is leaking and is the actual problem. You can trace your lines to it to confirm the holding tank. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know its in the engine room but where, it sounds like you have no idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel any charges this was not worth any payment
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
You will have fuel tanks, holding tank be it black and grey or a single, and fresh water tank, that is about it and thus should be fairly easy to locate when you check the type of lines going to and from it for discharge. Please let me know if you need any further clarification. Thanks,Joe