Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I believe my Mercury 2006 90hp has gone into guardian mode,

Customer Question

I believe my Mercury 2006 90hp has gone into guardian mode, restricting to a little less than 4,000 rpm. Any way to reset? Low oil buzzer came on so I shit down and put oil in. When I fired it back up there wasn't much power.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Charles, my name is***** system is self resetting once the problem is fixed. Has the engine been hooked up to a scan tool to see what was causing it to go into guardian mode? What are the maximum RPMS the engine will hit when the alarm is going off?
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Charles it look like you read my reply and logged off. Did you still need help with this?