Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Trying to locate starter circuit breaker. While wiring a new

Customer Question

Trying to locate starter circuit breaker. While wiring a new ignition switch, I touched the wrong wire. Now no power to ign switch.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Wiring a 3 terminal ign switch to replace the five wire switch. I attached the wrong wire and now no power to ign switch. All fuses under steering wheel are fine. No breakers by battery switch are tripped.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What brand and model of engine are you working with?