Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I took my boat out a couple times in March and early April.

Customer Question

I took my boat out a couple times in March and early April. Started and ran fine. Yesterday I took it out and it would crank but not even act like it would fire. Have tried to spray ether in intake to see if I can get a hint of a fire but nothing. I have heard of fuel pumps not working because of internal pressures, bad fuel pumps, and even an emergency switch failure on the dash.
I have a 60 hp Suzuki 4 stroke with EFI
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 months ago.
Hi John, my name is***** it won't fire on ether there is either no compression or no spark. Lets assume there is compression for now, is the emergency stop witch in the run position? Does the check engine light flash any codes?