Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My smart Gage beeps 4 times JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

my smart Gage beeps 4 times
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: , stops for a couple of minutes and beeps 4 times again
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: The oil tank is full. also the oil tank under the cowling on the engine is full
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.Which engine are you working with? Is there any text that comes up on the gauge?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
225 Optimax and when the smart gage beeos there is an oil can flashing.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Is the gauge a 4 light gauge or a system monitor?What year is the engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know the year but the serial # ***** ***** and the model # ***** *****
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
That would make is somewhere around a 2008/09, sound about right? Is the engine original to the boat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is the second engine on the boat. The boat is an 2002 Ranger
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Ok, are you near the boat now, we need to do a couple of test to confirm the bad part.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The boat is about 400 feet from this computer terminal. What would you like me to do? it may take a few minutes.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Remove the top cowling, locate the oil tank on the left side of the engine, open the cap and make sure that it is totally full. If it is, unplug it, then turn on the key, do you have the alarm still?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The oil tank on the left side of the engine is full to the brim and when I turn the key to the on position I get 4 beeps, silence, 4 beeps, silence ....etc. There are2 symbols to the lower right on the bottom row that are also blinking. (smart /Gage)
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
What are those two symbols? Any chance you could post a pic of them here?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know what the symbols are.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Any chance of a pic of them?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What will I do with a picture of the gage?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Give me a list of what you want me to do so I can do it on less trips to the boat. Thanks
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
First unplug the oil tank and see if the alarm stops. If it does not, yes I need a pic of the gauge with the icons flashing on it so that I can Id them and get you the best answer for your problem.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I unplugged the oil tank and the alarm still goes off. I took a picture and video of the gage--how do I get them to you? I am going to call it a day in about 5 minutes. Thank you for trying to help. Bill R.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
This link shows you how to get me the pics. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0i will be online after 10AM CST tomorrow, and we can continue to troubleshoot your engine.