Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

How do I change the oil in the power tilt reservoir?The

Customer Question

How do I change the oil in the power tilt reservoir?The passenger seat in the boat has pulled out screws and can lean back. The screw holes are stripped or wallowed out. What is a good way to repair this.Please let me know.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 5 months ago.
Hello Jon,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. You have two questions here. If you wish to "change" the oil, you will need to drain it out or suck it out. So long as you keep oil in you can crack a line and bleed old out, the other option is suck out but old in lines will mix with new and is a little more work as then you need to suck and fill over and over until clean, this however is not as bad as it sounds. For the screws which is a separate question and generally does require a separate question page for that.You can try screw out extractor kit and if they do not work then using a cut off tool cut a flat line in top not large to where head comes off but large enough for a flat head screwdriver to remove, last resort is cut heads off, remove seat and then remove bolts either with vice grips, cut line and screwdriver or drilling them out or moving seat and making new holes. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.