Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

4.3 GM VOLVO 4.3 GXI-: I have recently rebuilt my marine 4.3

Customer Question

I have recently rebuilt my marine 4.3 Volvo with a new long block last spring.
Upon stating it up one day 1, the engine vibrated violently for reasons unknown.
This shocked my mechanic and myself so we shut it down immediately.
After cautiously restarting it, it ran normally. During use last season the vibration would reoccur upon startup about every 3rd or forth try. At such time, I would run the RPM up to 35k to 40 40, go back to neutral and shut it down. Upon restart it would run normally for the rest of the day. I have checked the injector electrical connections, changed the distributer cap and rotor, and added injector cleaner. Would you know whether this sounds like I previously reported problem, an oddball problem, or some place to look for?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Russell, good morning my name is***** old is the gas that the engine is burning? Will the problem duplicate every single time? Can you check fuel pressure on the engine?