Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a bent prop . but I think I have another problem . when

Customer Question

I have a bent prop . but I think I have another problem . when I accelerate it wont power up like if I was trying to pull a skier . The only way I can get up to speed is to slowly accelerate until it comes up to speed . other wise no power to get off plane . but you can rev the engine up to 5000 rpm when your ae on nutrel . it is a 5.0l v8 mercruiser in a 21 foot sea ray
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.
Hello John, my name is***** will assist you.When you throttle up the engine to go and get on plane, does the engine rev and the boat just not go, or does the engine bog down?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
bog down it is a ele ignition and ele fuel injected carb. in nutrel it revs up to 5000 rpm
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.
When was the last time that it ran correctly for you. When was the last time that the engine had a full service?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
if i come up slowly i can get it to top speed by feathering the trim
I know i have a slightly bent prop that I am going to switch out if you are going to call .call(###) ###-####
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.
John, I attempted to accept the phone call that you submitted, but it said that there was a problem with the payment. When was the last time that the engine had a full service?
Expert:  Charles replied 12 months ago.
Are you still with me John?