Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 6081 John Deere And I recently blew a hose in

Customer Question

Hi I have a 6081 John Deere
And I recently blew a hose in all coolant drained
I replaced hose and now it well only take a little bit of coolant
What do I do ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. When you drain x amount and that same or more will not go back in this means you have an restriction or air pocket. Try backflushing and forward flushing the cooling system as well as using air to check for restrictions, if none are found and no impeller pieces stuck such as thermostat area, then it is a matter of most likely air pocket that needs to burp to allow the coolant to displace it in that area and or get past it. Sometimes there is a bleed screw/valve and other times it must be ran until the thermostat opens and then more coolant will enter. I'd pull the thermostat and check it. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.