Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Merc 250 verado 2008 oil leaking out of weep hole (little hole

Customer Question

Merc 250 verado 2008 oil leaking out of weep hole (little hole in front of oil plug under slash guard)
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, my name is ***** ***** leaking oil out of the engine, or down by the lower unit? Can you take a picture of the leak?
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Are you still with me Mike?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Trying 2 sen pic need email address I m idiot with smart phone 58 yrs yung
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike. We do not work through email, all correspondence is done through the website. To upload pictures you can click either the paperclip icon, or the add files button, and select the files you wish to upload. The website does not work properly on cell phones or tablets, so if you are on a cell phone you would want to move over to an actual computer PC to access the website properly.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mike, my luck with that picture?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry but I'm not going to pay an additional $26 but it seems like no other mech can answer it either and talking with reps at Merc is a real waste. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry if there is any confusion but there is no additional charge beyond what your initial deposit was. The only time there is an additional charge is if you require a premium service such as a phone call or service manual information, or if you were to leave a tip at the end of the session. Other than that there is nothing additional.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry That is what I was kinda refering to was 2 call u but want a additional $26
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Correct, phone service would be an extra charge. There is no need for phone service here because I would need to see where you are seeing the oil leaking from.