Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

After boat goes back in water the trim indicator shows nothing

Customer Question

after boat goes back in water the trim indicator shows nothing and the trim motor works down only but the leg does not appear to move. Looks like leg is down completely.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: worked before it came out of thee water. Volvo DP leg 290?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? If you hit trim down can you hear the trim motor run?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes the trim motor runs on down. Not up.Greg
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg. When you hit trim up, can you hear the trim relay back at the trim motor assembly click? Or does it not click?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does not appear to click hitting trim up
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
What you would want to do next is test the switch in the throttle handle. The switch has 3 wires. A red, which is always hot. A blue, and then a green. Blue is trim up. What you want to do is pop the switch out and test for power on the blue wire with the trim switch button held to up. Let me know if you get power on the blue wire or not.