Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I bought a used 2001 Whaler Ventura with a 2000 125hp mercury

Customer Question

I bought a used 2001 Whaler Ventura with a 2000 125hp mercury outboard . The temperature gauge is not working and i need testing instructions to determine the problem. I have a mutitest meter , but need input/output parameters. Dave
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Hello Dave, my name is***** will assist you.This engine normally does not have a temp gauge installed on it. We need to make sure that someone has installed the proper sensor on the engine before we can troubleshoot it, can you pull the top cowling on the engine to look at the cylinder head?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is an original factory/ dealer installation. I will send you some photos.
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Photos would be great thanks. If you could get one of the cylinder hear of the engine, that would help also.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I messaged the photos to your phone no.
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Which phone number? If you wish to move to the phone with me, I am sending you that offer.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(###) ###-#### ***** you get the photos? I also emailed them. If you did not receive them, then send me the number or email to resend. I have been charged the 26$ of only to be told that my engine doesn't normally have a temp. sensor that it clearly has. If you don't have the correct info on my engine , then just say so and I will stop wasting time trying to contact you or ever using this service again. Dave
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Dave, I do not know know whose number that you sent the pics to. What was the email address that you sent them to? I will see if I can track them down.
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Dave, Your engine has what is called a temp sensor from the factory, it is used only for the alarm. Now if someone added a temp sender to the engine, that would be for a gauge. That is what I am needing the pics of. Try and upload them to http://tinypic.com/ then send me the link and I can see then from there.I have had your account searched, and we do not show any emalis from your email address in the last 7 years.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The phone number is ***** on my last reply which is the number your replies are being messaged to me. I will try to upload the pictures later today as requested and hope it works ! Dave
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Dave, I searched out that number, it is from Answers.com. I am not sure if you have a question there also.. I will await the reply from you with the links to the pics.ThanksCharles.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question is why you cannot provide me with an email or tel. Number that works for sending the pictures. The tinypic site does not allow me to send pictures that I already have taken- more time wasted and I have to launch the boat this weekend. Dave
Expert:  Charles replied 11 months ago.
Dave, I cannot give out my personal information on the question page. This is an open page that the entire internet can see. If you wished to move to the phone or to email. I have submitted you the offer for that Premium service. For a good email to upload to, please follow this link, at the bottom if the instructions you will see an email address to load the pics to. Reference this question and that you are working with me and they will forward the pics to me. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0