Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My yamaha Model 115TLRB has a serial number of L1004047 How

Customer Question

My yamaha Model 115TLRB has a serial number of L1004047 How does this translate to the world wide identifications used in the service manual. (is mine 115CETO or 115TR in the US?) Using the 115TR specifications the link between the Magneto Control Lever and the Pulser Coil does not seem to be long enough to align the pulser tic with the tick on the underside of the flywheel in advance or retard.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello Kris, my name is***** will assist you. Your engine is actually neither of those engines. Yamaha WorldWide uses different engines than they send here to the USA. To get the proper set up, you will need a US based manual. You can purchase one and download it from sites like this one. https://pligg.com/downloads/177822490-2003-yamaha-115tlrb-outboard-service-repair-maintenance-manual-factory/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the book you reference at the web site. I talked to Yamaha Outboard directly and they let me know the serial number indicates its a 115TR and to use those data in the service manual. Why would you say it's not a 115TR?
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
On a Yamaha engine, it is virtually impossible for anyone outside of Yamaha itself to id the motors by the serial numbers. They use the model numbers for that. If you have the correct book, what is the issue with setting up the timing on the engine?