Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2013 242 Limited S. Engines start up and run just fine. However

Customer Question

2013 242 Limited S. Engines start up and run just fine. However I don't have power to anything else : Radio, horn, blower, lights etc... Any thoughts on how to fix? Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.Have the batteries been disconnected recently?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was serviced recently and they replaced one battery.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
Ok, can you look at that battery and see if there are any wires laying close to it that are disconnected. Possible a red and a black.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I looked earlier and it didn't appear that there were any wires disconnected.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
How many wires are on the top of this battery and on the top of the other battery?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe there are 2 wires attached to the batteries.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
One red and one black? Correct.There needs to be a set of red and black wires for the boat as well. The engines are separate from the boat when it comes to power.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wish I would have taken a picture when I was there. I believe there were 2 black wires attached to the negative terminal and 2 red to the positive terminal.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
Ok, single engine or twins? 2 Batteries?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
twin with 2 batteries
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
Ok, there should be a master power switch, wither at the batteries or on the dash, was that turned on?Do you see a fuse holder or a breaker with in 12" of the positive battery post?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is a master power switch next to the batteries. I tried it in both positions with the same result. I would have to be there to see if there is a fuse holder next to the batteries. Is this conversation something we could pick up again the next time I am out there? I didn't know the response would be so quick or I would have done this when I was out there.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
No worries, there are no time limits here. If you wish to move to the phone to make it easier for you, I have submitted that offer as well. When do you think you may make it back out to the boat?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Probably next weekend. I can work a call around your schedule.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
On the weekends I am free except from 3-6 PM on Saturday. I coach a baseball team and we have practice then.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok. will this conversation be on email so I can communicate schedule later this week?
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
Yes it is, simply reply back to me the same way that you have been, and it will come straight to me.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, will do. Will shoot for next saturday before noon central. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.
Your very welcome. Talk to you then.