Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

On our 2004 Sea Ray Sundancer 300, all fresh water, hot and

Customer Question

On our 2004 Sea Ray Sundancer 300, all fresh water, hot and cold, to galley, head, cockpit and transom stopped working. The water pump switch is on. I checked the water filter, and it is clean. What might be causing this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. Start at the pump next, using a voltmeter test for power and ground, if you have both but the pump is not running then it needs to be replaced, if it is running but not pumping then you will need to check for restriction and rebuild if a kit is available and it is the pump side not the motor and or complete replacement. It could be other things as well but checking that first will help either locate the problem or at least guide to further testing. If missing power then you will want to check the fuse/breaker first, if missing ground this is usually a bad connection or broken wire. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.