Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2010 Verado 350 SCI. I purchased the boat and motor

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Verado 350 SCI. I purchased the boat and motor second hand and it is constantly "making oil". Tech told me to run it hard for 10 hours to set the rings. Changed oil and filters, put 40 hours on it and the oil is like soup! Smells of gas and runny! I have brought it to two techs and nobody can help me! The motor has 230 hours on it! Live in south Louisiana. Motor mounted on Young 24 BAy
Need help!
Thanks!
David O
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello David, my name is***** will assist you.Has any of the techs done a leakdown test on the engine?What all have they looked at when they looked at the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what a leak down test is? Please explsin
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
A leakdown test is when all of the plugs are pulled, and a set air pressure is applied to each cylinder while it is at TDC. This will detect the amount of leakdown that is getting past the rings or the valves. It is a very good troubleshooting tool.