Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have 2006 optimax my sensor beeps 4 times every 2 minutes

Customer Question

i have 2006 optimax my sensor beeps 4 times every 2 minutes and will not quite i fillled oil drained fuel new filter and still continues to beep every 2 minutes ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.Did you fill the oil tank in the boat or on the engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes the beep started when I was low on oil as it should I filled the oil up with the new dfi optimax oil recommended by my dealer it continued to beeep so I i figured had had water in thee fuel filter replaced filter didnt see any ater in the reserve fuel seems good oil full but continues to beep the boat runs great it just keeps beeping every 2 minutes driving me crazy ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the oil tank is on the top of the motor
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Ok, boat and engine oil tanks are full. what HP is your engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is no oil reserve on boat its an outboard 115 mercury optimax 2006
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Ok great. When you replaced the fuel filter, did you drain the chamber that it sits in from the bottom fitting?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes i unsceened the drain screw under filter unscrewd and drained the other side of the tank honestly ive seen bad fuel this was clean on water etc i was hopintt to find out if ther is a reset on the sensor oil and fuel r good never happened before
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Did youcatch the fuel in a clean container so that you could see it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i test rode 2 miles in lake runs great but the beeping continues i was hoping it would reset or work it self out 2006 mercury 115 optimax
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes it had no water or dirt
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
There is not any reset button for the alarm. It is self clearing when the problem is no longer there. Can you locate the plug for the oil tank and disconnect it, then turn the key on and see if the alarm is still there? It will be on the right side front of the engine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
k
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
I will be here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I unplugged what appear to be a connection going to the reserve it was in the opposite side of the fuel filters which i guess if your looking from the back it the right side I unplugged 2 plugs but they were way under the reserve replied and it still beeping I didn't realize it would beep without the motor I guess I'm going to call it for now getting dark I'll keep trying tomorrow 😊
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Send me your serial number, I will get you a drawing of the oil tank.
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.How did you go about greasing the cable?Was it working before you greased it?
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Sorry incorrect question.