Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have just bought s sports cruiser with two Volvo Pentax engines

Customer Question

I have just bought s sports cruiser with two Volvo Pentax engines and outdrive said. When I warm the stbd engine with the throttle in neutral by my pressing the button on the base of the throttle handle the gear does not re engage and stays in neutral eventually it did but am worried for the future what could be the cause?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nick, my name is***** problem is inside of the remote control (The remote control is the shifter box) The remote controls are not serviceable, they do not sell parts for them separately, and if there is any problem with them they must be replaced. That being said if you can take a picture of your remote control box for me I can look up a part number for a replacement for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The remote control is that where the throttle handles are?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Correct. Can you take a picture of that for me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks but I am not there until Saturday could I send you the picture then as I would very much appreciate that. Are they simple to replace?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long would the job take ?😀
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
As long as they come apart the way they are supposed to with no surprises or stripped screws they take about an hour for a mechanic to swap out.