Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a 2007 volvo penta with no spark. Checked with in

Customer Question

I have a 2007 volvo penta with no spark. Checked with in line spark tester to plug #1 and no light. Engine cranks fine. Tach jumps when cranking.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.with the tach jumping we can assume that the coil is firing. If you are not getting any fire out of the distributor, you should start there. If the wires, the cap and the rotor have not need replaced in several seasons, they should be as normal maintenance. This may solve the issue. You should also take a look at the kill switch on the dish to make sure that it is connected properly.