Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have water in my oil in my 2005 Yamaha 4strok 90 hp. the

Customer Question

I have water in my oil in my 2005 Yamaha 4strok 90 hp. the oil is milky when I drained it. Not a lot. the drain plug had a good thght casket.i
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will assist you. Has the engine overheated lately? If yes then it may be a head gasket that has blown. If it did not overheat then the problem may be various from a cracked cylinder head or a leaking gasket or oil seal. Unfortunately you would need to open the engine to determine from where the water is leaking in and inspect the different components one by one. I would start with the lower oil seal of the crank case and keep stripping the engine until you find the culprit. If you require further assistance let me know. Noel