Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have an o ld mercury outboard . Similar to mark 10, but the

Customer Question

have an o ld mercury outboard . Similar to mark 10, but the Impeller is in the unit that I separated . the impeller is bad . the gears are dry but they moue the prop . I would like to inspect the dog gear and gears. it is old and I had no serial plate . it does not hone a reverse gear motion . I believe it is J ust a forward motor .
How do I get the drive shaft out' the impeller housing and the lower drive . I have the prop Off and see the holding nut that has to be gently screwed out . but how do you get the drive shaft out?
l11 G l
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 7 months ago.
Maybe can help can you take a picture of the engine and the lower unit, we need to ID it first.