Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My Mercury 225 will not get up to speed It happened yesterday

Customer Question

My Mercury 225 will not get up to speed It happened yesterday and was trying to figure it out. Last time this happened years ago the mechanic said it was because the oil level was low. Is there something I need to reset on the motor once I fill the level back up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine will not go over 10 mph. I can rev it up but it will not go any faster
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, can I get that number so I can run it and see exactly which engine you have. Next, is the engine making RPMS but not making thrust? Or is the engine not making RPMS?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
It looks like you read my response, did you still need help with this?