Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Getting Alarm Cool. Press exp. temp. Any Ideas?JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Getting Alarm Cool. Press exp. temp. Any Ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Alarm came on as I entered Nassua Harbour yesterday. Had to leave Boat there and fly home due to weather. Talked to Engineer on large motor yachts last night told me one of 4 things 1 bad sensor 2 air leak in hose causing air biuld up of pressure in tank 3 low coolent lever. 4 failing water pump. leaning and hoping it's coolent level. Thing it my be this due to it came on as I entered no wake zone and hull settled in water. had to leave fast to catch flight
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What engine are you working on? Is the alarm a solid tone, or a series of beeps?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK I'm standing by think I forgot to mention engines are 800HP Man
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.
I don't work on those, I will opt out and leave this open to the community.