Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2001 moomba and have no power to the fuel pump engine

Customer Question

I have a 2001 moomba and have no power to the fuel pump engine turns over but no fuel
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: No fuel to the engine. Fuel pump not running no power to in. engine does turn over
JA: Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Hello John. My name is ***** ***** apply voltage directly to the fuel pump and start the engine?Can you post the engine serial number please?Some models had an issue with the fuel pump circuit in the ECM sending no voltage to the fuel pump.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I can apply power directly to the pump via a battery and the pump runs. I started this project by putting a new 600 holly on. If I apply power to the pump from the battery it pumps fuel to the carb. It starts but will not continue to run. I can pump the throttle and try again it starts then stops. I can do this over and over but wiill not run.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Ok this is a carbureted motor. Could I get the engine serial number please.Some of these motors had a oil pressure switch that powered the fuel pump.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes this is a Indmar 5.7 carb engine. Model number d51664 SN. Ic981746 drive(###) ###-#### This is all I can find.
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Ok I don't have any info on this model. I will o[pt out so another that has the info can help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.