Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  23 years Caterpillar Engine Experience
30708357

I have C 7 's in a 2013 Silverton fishing boat. The starboard

Customer Question

I have C 7 's in a 2013 Silverton fishing boat. The starboard engine Right side, is blowing oil out of the white flex hose running from the turbo back to the bottom of the engine. there is very little room to work because the hose return is on the back side of the starboard engine.
The boat is in the Bahamas.
1. Is there a temporary fix?
2. Where can I pick up a replacement hose?
Steve Gregory(###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The oil leak started as a small drip and gradually progressed to a large spray.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a photo of the same hose on the port engine if that helps. I am flying to the Bahamas this morning to bring parts if I find and try to find a mechanic
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately there is no quick fix for the oil leak. I am sorry. I wish there was.
That's the oil drain back line from the turbo. I would suspect it has a hole or crack in it. It's most likely defective. It's not common for this to break and leak oil.
Because this is not a common cat engine part that fails. It's unlikely it's an in stock part at most places. You best bet would be to contact a Cat dealer and have them check national stock on it. The dealer will need the engine serial number to find the part. Good luck.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.