Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

After impeller change cannot line up sha JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

after impeller change cannot line up sha
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: After I do the impeller change how do I align the shift rod. I have moved the lower unit shift rod and I don't know how to put it where it needs to be for shifting.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: There is quite a bit of play in the bottom one and the top one turns very little so we just don't know where to put the bottom one to align it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi John, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Which engine are you working on?