Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2006 200 e tec the fuel pump vapor seperator is over

Customer Question

i have a 2006 200 e tec the fuel pump vapor seperator is over filling on idle or trolling but runs fine wot i took hose off top of cainster an fuel came out pump works need possiable float guts for inside can this be rebuilt
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi James, my name is***** vapor tanks on these engines are not serviceable. If there is any kind of problem at all with them, the tank must be replaced. Did you have any other questions on the issue?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes an u are wrong it has a float on inside they dont sell kits but i found a used one to rob from im asking for a refund
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
I am not wrong. This is what the factory EVinrude service manual has to say; Vapor Separator Vent CheckMonitor the vapor separator vent hose. No fuel ora trace of fuel is acceptable. Excessive fuel dischargeindicates a vapor separator vent malfunction.Monitor vent for presence of fuel duringtesting. Temporarily install clear tubing for monitoring.Replace vapor separator if the venting offuel is continuous. After reading that, do you still think I am wrong? If you do I have 1 more question for you, and this is to save you some time and money, and potentially save you from a blown motor. The question is, inside of the vapor tank, what is the specification on the float height for the needle valve?