Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How do I access my fuel tank? JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

How do I access my fuel tank?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Cant siphon fuel from tank.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Even Tried hooking an electric fuel pump to the line still cant get fuel.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the make and model of the boat you are working on please.If you can get access to the fuel line where it connects to the fuel tank you can remove the pick up tube. Remove the pick up tube then remove the filter on the end of the pick up tube. To pump the tank you need to go through the fuel sending unit. Remove fuel sending unit and pump out that opening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1998 Stratos PRO 201 DC I need to know how to access the tank.