Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

I have a new 2016 300 hp evinrude that is flashing a ( code

Customer Question

I have a new 2016 300 hp evinrude that is flashing a ( code 115 prvt network communications) at the same time I have lost all the touch screen functions on my hds12 inch lowrance at the helm but still have touch screen on the hds 9 inch on the front. What does this code mean & does it have to do with my loss of touch sreen thx
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.The code means that the helm and the engine are losing comms. This can happen from a connection in the harness not being connected tightly, a bent pin in the harness, a bolt or a screw driven into the harness or a loose ground on the engine. This would only affect the 12 if you have it linked to the engine. for starter, disconnect the cable that connects the engine and the 12, it should be the NMEA 2000 cable. Then see if you get your screen back, if not, what ever caused the issue on the engine to throw this code has effected your 12. You may also want to Give After Sales Support a call today with the serial number at(###) ###-####and tell them the whole story. The may also need ho many hours are on your engine.