Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Having trouble disconnecting from shift shaft JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Having trouble disconnecting from shift shaft
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Trying to drop lower unit
JA: Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.
Hello Mike. My name is***** get the make and model number of your engine please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2001 Johnson 200
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.
There is a screw # ***** in the shift coupler # ***** you can access this screw on the port side of the motor. This coupler and screw will be just below the intake very bottom. The screw and coupler are circled in this diagram. You may have to move some wires to access the screw. Post back if you still have an issue.Thank you....Tan