Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have I 1990 Yamaha 90 hp outboard motor. It idles well but

Customer Question

I have I 1990 Yamaha 90 hp outboard motor. It idles well but surges when you give it gas. I was thinking the carburetor need to be cleaned. Do you agree and do you have instructions for the process?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.If the engine has been sitting for some time not used, then yes I would agree that the carb needs to be cleaned along with the filter. You will need this carb kit, 6H1-W0093-01-00 it will come with new floats, o-rings and needles. You will also need a good quality carb cleaner spray to blow everything out when you get the carbs off and taken apart. Male sure that the two jets are totally clean and there is no water in the fuel. Reply back to me if you need more info on this.Thanks,Charles