Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

OBD service soon on a Sea Ray 270 SLX. I left the

Customer Question

***** ***** OBD service soon on a Sea Ray 270 SLX. I left the bilge pump on over night, and the batteries drained. I am currently recharging the batteries with a battery charger. I will have shore power today hooked up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** *****'t see an actual question? What seems to be your issue?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is the OBD service soon message mean?
Expert:  Tan replied 8 months ago.
On Board Diagnostics is telling you the engine needs to be serviced. When was the last time you had the engine sericed. This is the same type of message you get in your car when the engine has an issue or needs to be serviced.