Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

2001 mercrusier 3.0 engine, filling up with gas in the oil.

Customer Question

2001 mercrusier 3.0 engine, filling up with gas in the oil. New long block, carb, bye passed the sensor. Running rich, black oil golbs in the water. Boat starting fine but high RPM not there it bogs.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Reason there is a new long block is that the old one with 350 hrs stopped when we changed it had a cracked block and broken piston rod, plus damage to the pistons. The oil had gas in the sump .lots of gas.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** only two things that can cause this issue. The fuel pump diaphram is broken allowing fuel into the engine oil or the carburetor is flooding.Could I get the engine serial number please. Do you have a yellow hose running from the fuel pump to the carburetor?