Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

4788 has no 110v power at the outlets in salon. Panel breaker

Customer Question

4788 has no 110v power at the outlets in salon. Panel breaker is fine and I believe I have reset any (all) the GFI outlets. Also, no 100v power at outlets on bridge. Same situation, breaker appears to be fine and GFI(s) reset
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 8 months ago.
GFI outlets chain off the first outlet unless there is a GFI breaker. In both cases the breaker or the outlet can appear to be reset but in reality has failed and no voltage through. You need to pull the outlets and or breaker and check directly for voltage in on the component itself. Don't depend on the reset button on the outlet.Post back with questions or what you find.