Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2004 johnson 150 hp carbs with VRO. Cold starts fine

Customer Question

I have a 2004 johnson 150 hp carbs with VRO. Cold starts fine and runs good. WOT okay. But stop for a while when engine is warm and the problems star. It will start and stall on acceleration. Just won't go. Priming seems to help and letting it idle a bit to help and after a little idle time it will get going a again. Carbs have been recently rebuilt and fuel pressure is good.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No but maybe he will have questions .
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rich, my name is ***** ***** would cause this issue. Have you tried running it for a minute at 1500 rpms before dropping it back and putting it into gear?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rich, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you still need help?