Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 98 Maxum SR1900 one day was cruising along in a Lake

Customer Question

i have a 98 Maxum SR1900 one day was cruising along in a Lake and suddenly lost my Depth finder . you press it to see if it goes on and it acts funny or nothing at all. my gas gauge also stays at half a tank. i fill up tank and it doesent go beyond half.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you with this. I do apologize for the delays in getting back to you. What is the depth finder that you are using? Is the fuel in the boat 2 yrs old as well?Can you see the top of the fuel tank where the sender is mounted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my depth finder is part of other instruments on my gauge panel ,dont beleive its sensor is on lower unit, could never find anything,could it be mounted in hull?and yes gas is 2 yrs old with Stabil but still probably to long sitting in tank,would i have to drain it , is that something service shops do? im not familiar on tank how sender looks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it costly to have depth finder trouble shot?and will all this work be costly ? i know ill need the water impellor replaced.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Does the depth finder have a model number on it or a brand name?The fuel sender top looks something like this.http://www.westmarine.com/buy/moeller--electric-fuel-gauge-sending-units--P006_180_003_536