Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My tach shows 1100 at idle when I rev the engine it goes up

Customer Question

My tach shows 1100 at idle when I rev the engine it goes up to 2000 and then drops back to 0
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: When running the lake last week the tach dropped to 0 once in a while it would come back up to 4000 where it was running when it first dropped the it got so it wouldn't come back up at all until I cut it back to an idle
JA: Anything else I can tell the Marine Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's about it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** will assist you.What brand of engine are you working on?