Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

Will a boat cover designed to be an exact fit 2009 Crownline

Customer Question

Will a boat cover designed to be an exact fit for a 2009 Crownline 220ex with a swim platform also fit a 2011 Crownline 220ex with a swim platform? I'm thinking the length, beam, draft, etc is the same for a 2009, 2010 & 2011. What do you think?
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.Exactly what model 2011 Crownline do you own?I have researched this and do not see a listing for a 2011 220ex. The closest thing I see is a 225SS or a 23SS.Thanks,RSRBOB
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was sold new to me as a 2011 Crownline 220EX.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have you had any luck with the answer? I can provide a hull number if this would help. The boat was purchased new from Rambo Marine in Fayetteville, TN in 2011. While it was sold to me as a 2011 220ex, I'm beginning to wonder if it was actually a 2010 model. Are the specs for a 2009 the same as a 2010?Thanks,Paul
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 6 months ago.
Actually, yes, you can tell by the hull ID. The last 2 digits of the hull ID is the model year of the boat. Let me know what you get on that. I looked for a 2010 Crownline 220EX and did not even find a 2010. They had several models of 220's but none were the EX. There is a 2008 and 2009. I didnt look back any farther than that for obvious reasons. I think we need to figure out exactly what year and model Crownline you actually have.RSRBOB
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My hull ID is KIS76697C011, so I guess it is actually a 2011 model. I just need to know if the boat is the same size as the 2009 & 2010 model years. I think it is, but I'd like to know before I order a cover that might be a fit for a 2009 or 2010 because I can't find anyone that has a cover for a 2011 model year. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 6 months ago.
OK, unfortunately I cannot help you with that info. Have you attempted to contact the selling dealer to ask them? I apologize for not being of more assistance.RSRBOB