Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

I have a optimax 115 direct injection 2 stroke and the oil

Customer Question

i have a optimax 115 direct injection 2 stroke and the oil level sensor in the oil tank is not working message comes up.have replace with new but same message.tried with another second hand tank and still same message...dont know what else to do now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine is locked in troll mode and 2500rpm will not go any faster than 12 knots
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Did you replace the tank and the sensor? Or just the tank?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
both tank and sensor as mentioned above.however one suggestion came that there might be a broken wire in the wiring loom????????????? could this be the cause?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
It's definitely possible. Take the 2 wires that go to the oil tank sensor and disconnect them from the sensor. Then, with a paper clip, jump those 2 wires together. Does the alarm still go off, or does it go away?
Expert:  Jason replied 6 months ago.
Hi there. Just checking in. Any progress?