Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

I have 25HP 4 stroke OB motor (model 2005 25 ELPT 5S, serial

Customer Question

I have 25HP 4 stroke OB motor (model 2005 25 ELPT 5S, serial #1B112815) & control (#881170A15). I don't understand how to hook up control cables in control box so throttle cable will 'push' linkage in motor. Is this correct control for this motor or is an adapter kit to make this control box or engine?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Here is a manual that covers the controls and shows connections:

Note that the connections are a pretty fairly simply push pull design. Usually you can reverse the cams or move the linkage to change the cable direction/function.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not much instruction, didn't tell me if control will work with engine.
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

You asked if it was the correct control and I did not say that it was not. I also provided the steps on how to reverse the cam and linkage in order to reverse the function. I also provided the service manual that shows how they come apart.